1st Friday: April
1st Friday: April
In conjunction with April's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events. View the full list of participating 1st Friday businesses and events here.
In addition to the many specials being offered, events taking place in downtown Albany on April 5 include:
- 39 Columbia Street | Pop-up exhibit with UAlbany Curating Contemporary Art Class and Albany Center Gallery featuring local artists
- Albany Center Gallery (488 Broadway) | High School Regional Juried Exhibition public reception | 5:00-8:00 PM
- Albany Modern Body Art (7 S Pearl Street)
- Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- Capital Repertory Theatre (111 N Pearl Street)
- Amelia Fais Harnas Art Installation | 5:00-7:00 PM
- "Shakespeare in Love" preview performance | 8:00 PM | Ticketed event
- The City Beer Hall (42 Howard Street)
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders
- Live music with DJ Intell Hayesfield | 7:00-10:00 PM
- DJ Citrus at 11:00 PM
- Excelsior Pub (54 Philip Street)
- Pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month | 7:00 PM
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store (412 Broadway)
- Tasting event with Yesfolk Tonics from 6:00-8:00 PM
- 10% off any store purchase
- Fresh & Fly Clothing (13 S Pearl Street) | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase | Open until 8:00 PM
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen (79 N Pearl Street) | Mention the Capital City Trolley for a complimentary glass of select wine or pint of craft beer with any entree purchase
- Jack's Oyster House (42 State Street) | Mention the Capital City Trolley for buy one, get one free glasses of wine at the bar
- Klein Art Gallery (146 State Street) | Exhibit "Black and White with a Splash of Color" by Dana Klein | 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- LaSerre (14 Green Street) | Complimentary glass of wine with appetizer purchase
- Loch & Quay (414 Broadway)
- Pop-up art exhibit with artist Gregory Maxwell Dunn, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- $1 off all drafts
- OkiPoki (41 State Street - entrance on Broadway) | Free tuna wonton with purchase for all Capital City Trolley riders
- Parish Public House (388 Broadway) | Live music with Rainbow Full of Sound | 9:00 PM | Ticketed event
- Pearl Street Pub (59-61 N Pearl Street)
- Happy hour trivia | 5:30 PM
- Live music with Motion Blur at 9:30 PM
- Stacks Espresso Bar (488 Broadway) | Pop-up art exhibit with artist Bob Anderson, curated by Albany Center Gallery
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.