1st Friday August
1st Friday August
In conjunction with August's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
- Albany Modern Body Art (7 S Pearl Street) | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- The City Beer Hall (42 Howard Street)
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders
- Live music on the patio | 7:00-10:00 PM
- DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
- Downtown is Pawsome exhibit | Seek out ten brand new sculpture inspired by Albany icon Nipper, customized by regional artists and installed throughout Downtown. Map and more information at www.downtownalbany.org/downtownispawsome
- dp: An American Brasserie (25 Chapel Street) | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
- Excelsior Pub (54 Philip Street)
- Pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month | 7:00 PM
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store (412 Broadway) | 10% off any store purchase
- Fresh & Fly Clothing (13 S Pearl Street) | Sale on women's handbags: buy one, get one 50% off; mention 1st Friday for an additional 10% off | Open until 8:00 PM
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen (79 N Pearl Street) | Mention the Capital City Trolley for a complimentary signature cocktail, draft beer, or house wine with any entree purchase
- Jack's Oyster House (42 State Street) | Mention the Capital City Trolley for buy one, get one free glasses of wine at the bar
- LaSerre (14 Green Street) | Mention 1st Friday for complimentary glass of wine or dessert with dinner purchase
- Loch & Quay (414 Broadway) | $1 off all drafts
- OKIPOKI (41 State Street - entrance on Broadway) | Buy one get one 50% off Taiyaki ice cream for all Capital City Trolley riders
- Parish Public House (388 Broadway) | Live music with Wading Nine, Forest Park and Seaspan at 8:00 PM ($10 cover)
- Pearl Street Pub (59-61 N Pearl Street) | Happy hour trivia with beer specials at 5:30 PM; Friday Night Karaoke at 9:00 PM
- Stacks Espresso Bar (488 Broadway) | Pop-up art exhibit with artist Alicia Barton, curated by Albany Center Gallery
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.