1st Friday March
1st Friday March
In conjunction with March's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany, New York Business Improvement District & Lark Street Business Improvement District have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Downtown events & specials include:
• 48 Hudson - Van Ostrande-Radliff House | Open House and hard hat tours of Albany's oldest building (5:30 - 7:00 PM)
• 677 Prime | Buy one get one drinks at the bar up to $15
• Acacia's Basement | Buy one article of clothing and get a second article of equal or lesser value free (open 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
• Albany Modern Body Art | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
• Angie’s Pineapples & Tings | All menu items just $10 (open 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM)
• Broadway Plaza Liquor | Mix of wine tastings
• Capital Repertory Theatre | Gallery@theREP: "John Francis McCarthy : Ireland" through April 5th. Opening Reception 5:00-7:00 PM. John's photographic philosophy is inspired by Irish Playwright Sean O'Casey. His show coincides with theREP stage production of "The Irish and How They Got That Way"
• The City Beer Hall | Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders; Live music with Dylan Perrillo and Justin Hendricks from 7:00-10:00 PM; DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
• dp: An American Brasserie | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
• The Excelsior Pub | Pinball Wizard Challenge pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month (7:00 PM); Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
• Fort Orange General Store | 10% off any store purchase
• Fresh & Fly Clothing | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase (Open until 8:00 PM)
• The Hollow Bar + Kitchen | Complimentary signature cocktail, draft beer, or house wine with any entrée purchase; live music by Caroline Rose at 9:00 PM (ticketed event)
• Jack's Oyster House | Mention the Capital City Trolley and receive our offer of Buy One, Get One Free Glass of House Wine
• LaSerre | Receive a $25 gift card valid with two or more dinner entrees (or $10 for lunch)
• Liberty Tax Service | 30% off all tax returns prepared at 153 S. Pearl Street office (January 2 through April 15; also valid at 458 Delaware Avenue location)
• Loch & Quay | $1 off all drafts
• McGeary's Irish Pub | Mention 1st Friday for 10% off total bill
• Open Gallery | A public art exhibit from the Downtown Albany BID and Albany Center Gallery reimagines doors throughout Downtown as an outdoor gallery, featuring the work of 13 local artists. Map and more information at: downtownalbany.org/opengallery
• Nine Pine Cider Works | Hudson Valley Light: featuring artwork by local artist Michael Watters and his impressionistic exploration of dream-like light and intimate upstate landscapes. Come support local art while enjoying a NY cider or specialty cocktail!
• Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia with beer specials at 5:30 PM; Friday Night Dance with '90s dance music videos from Orange Door
• Root3d | Class schedule: Poetry with D. Colin from 5:30 - 6:30 PM (fees apply)
• Sessions Lounge at Hilton Albany | 2 for 1 appetizers for anyone who mentions 1st Friday or the Albany Trolley (must have a minimum purchase of $20 to qualify for free appetizer)
• Speakeasy 518 | Live music with the George Muscatello Trio at 9:00 PM
• Stacks Espresso Bar | Pop-up art exhibit featuring Rachel Baxter (open until 7:00 PM)
• Times Union Center | Kane Brown performance at 7:00 PM (ticketed event)
• Vintage Treasures by Deborah | 20% off all merchandise; exhibit featuring artist Debbie Robinson (special hours: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM)
Lark Street area events & specials include:
• Albany Barn | Tracing the Periphery: A mixed media exhibition by Ashley Busby. Featuring a pop-up exhibit of original hand painted clothing by Albany artist Daniel Kennelly. Light refreshments will be provided (6:00-9:00 PM)
• Albany Institute of History & Art | Free admission (5:00 - 8:00 PM)
• Albany Public Library (161 Washington Ave) | Pop-up exhibit: Albany Public Library is partnering with Albany Center Gallery and the Capital District Women's Bar Association to present a special photo exhibition, “Object Lessons,” that explores the nature of the prosecution of sex trafficking crimes. With photographer Nina Berman (6:30-8:00 PM)
• Bombers Burrito Bar | Drink Specials
• Byron & Gill Mercantile | Blending and Pairing Workshop with Grounded Matters, Center Square’s newest women-owned business. A hands-on instructional skincare class, making your own body butter with a unique blend of essential oils to customize your scent. $35 ticket includes a 4 oz customized body butter, wine, hors d’oeuvres and 20% off selected items in store! (7:00 - 9:00 PM)
• Cafe Lark Pizza | $1 slice of pizza
• Capital Wine & Spirits | Wine tasting; 10% off regular priced wine with Capital City Trolley selfie
• The Daily Grind | Free cup of coffee on Saturday with Capital City Trolley selfie
• El Loco | Free frozen lime margarita with purchase of entree with Capital City Trolley selfie
• El Mariachi Tapas | $5 margaritas, sangria and tapas
• Elissa Halloran Designs | 19 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SALE: 19% off everything in the store!
• First Presbyterian Church | Open 5:30 - 8:00 PM | Art Gallery: Oakroom Artists Group Show featuring Matt Chinian, Karen Cooper, Fred Neudoerffer, Cheryl Horning, Audrie Sturman and Kathy Klompas | Concert at 6:00 PM: Bells and Grass: A Song Cycle by Juliana Hall, Susan Boddie, Soprano and Will Wise, Oboe; First Presbyterian Bell Choir | Refreshments will be served
• Lark St. Poke Bar | Free thai or matcha green tea with Capital City Trolley selfie
• Lark Street Yoga | Free class for new clients | 10 class pass: $100; Month Unlimited: $99 | Featured artist: Genevieve Goetz
• Lark Tavern | happy hour all night long, $1 off drafts, $4 well drinks
• L.A.X. Restaurant & Lounge | Bachata night starting at 9:00 PM; kitchen open until 1:30 AM
• Lionheart Pub | Happy drink specials until 9:00 PM; live music by Yankee Holler
• NoHo & SoHo Pizza | $3 off any large pizza
• Oh Bar | $3 Fireball and $3 Labatt tall boys
• PizzaRoni | 10% off any dine-in or pickup order
• Romeo's Gifts | 25% off storewide sale for the month of March
• Savoy Taproom | Music by Flying Rob & Friends; art on display by local artists; $3 off first appetizer with a Capital City Trolley selfie
• Susie's Pub | Happy hour until 9:00 PM
• That Store | 15% off all incense and incense accessories
• Umana Restaurant Restaurant & Wine Bar | Featuring art by Twilisha McClelland; live music by JB!! aka Dirty Moses with Victory Soul Orchestra at 7:00 PM
• Yamaguchie | 20% off all art and art-related items - hats, shirts, necklaces, bracelets
Midtown/Uptown area events and specials include:
• Albany Elks Lodge: Albany First Friday Swing Dance with band Alan Thomson Little Big Band | Free swing dance lesson from 7:00 - 8:00 PM, no partner needed; Dance 8:00 - 11:00 PM | Admission including lesson: $15; DFO members $12; seniors and students $10
• Art Associates Gallery Inc. | "THE WOMEN’S SHOW - Artworks by Women of the Capital Region": Over 20 women artists present works in various media for the month of March. Meet the artists at the opening reception with light refreshments and live music with Clare Promise.
• Susan Stuart Studio | Open Studio | Sculptures by Mary Pat Wager and Libby Lee, paintings by Susan Stuart (5:00 - 8:00 PM)
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority - CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.