1st Friday May
1st Friday May
In conjunction with May's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
Find the complete list of 1st Friday events and specials here.
Specials and events in downtown Albany on May 3 include:
- Albany Modern Body Art (7 S Pearl Street)
- Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- Capital Repertory Theatre (111 N Pearl Street)
- "Shakespeare in Love" performance | 8:00 PM | Ticketed event
- The City Beer Hall (42 Howard Street)
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders
- Live music with Austin Kranick | 7:00-10:00 PM
- DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
- DP: An American Brasserie (25 Chapel Street) | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
- Excelsior Pub (54 Philip Street)
- Mill House Pinball Madness | Pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month | 7:00 PM
- Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store (412 Broadway)
- The Outpost grand opening | Grand opening reception with refreshments, discounts, and giveaways | 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- Fresh & Fly Clothing (13 S Pearl Street) | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase | Open until 8:00 PM
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen (79 N Pearl Street)
- Mention the Capital City Trolley for a complimentary glass of select wine or pint of craft beer with any entree purchase
- Live music with Hartley's Encore & The Age | 8:00 PM | Ticketed event
- Jack's Oyster House (42 State Street) | Mention the Capital City Trolley for buy one, get one free glasses of wine at the bar
- LaSerre (14 Green Street) | Complimentary glass of wine with appetizer purchase
- Loch & Quay (414 Broadway)
- Pop-up art exhibit with artist Gregory Maxwell Dunn, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- $1 off all drafts
- Happy hour draft specials on NYS beers with a sampling from Captain Lawrence | 5:00-7:00 PM
- OkiPoki (41 State Street - entrance on Broadway) | Free smoothie for all Capital City Trolley riders
- Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway) | $6 Amstel and pickleback special for all Capital City Trolley riders
- Pearl Street Pub (59-61 N Pearl Street) | Happy hour trivia | 5:30 PM
- Stacks Espresso Bar (488 Broadway) | Pop-up art exhibit with artist Bob Anderson, curated by Albany Center Gallery
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.