1st Friday - November
1st Friday - November
In conjunction with November's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
- 677 Prime | Buy one get one drinks at the bar up to $15
- Albany Center Gallery | "Creations: Collections & Connections" exhibit Artist Reception, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Albany Modern Body Art | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- Broadway Plaza Liquor | Mix of wine tastings
- The City Beer Hall | Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders; Live music with Nina's Brew from 7:00-10:00 PM; DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
- Downtown is Pawsome exhibit | Seek out ten brand new sculpture inspired by Albany icon Nipper, customized by regional artists and installed throughout Downtown. Map and more information at www.downtownalbany.org/downtownispawsome
- dp: An American Brasserie | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
- Excelsior Pub | Pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month (7:00 PM); Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store | 10% off any store purchase
- Fresh & Fly Clothing | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase (Open until 8:00 PM)
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen | Mention the Capital City Trolley for a complimentary signature cocktail, draft beer, or house wine with any entree purchase; live music with The Slaughterhouse Chorus, Henry’s Rifle, Charmboy & Coffin Salesman at 8:00 PM ($10 cover)
- Jack's Oyster House | Mention the Capital City Trolley for buy one, get one free glasses of wine at the bar
- LaSerre | Mention 1st Friday for complimentary glass of wine or dessert with dinner purchase
- Loch & Quay | $1 off all drafts
- McGeary's Irish Pub | Mention 1st Friday for 10% off total bill
- Open Gallery | A new public art exhibit from the Downtown Albany BID and Albany Center Gallery reimagines doors throughout Downtown as an outdoor gallery, featuring the work of 13 local artists. Map and more information at: downtownalbany.org/opengallery
- Palace Theatre | Free concert with the US Navy Band Commodores at 8:00 PM
- Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia with beer specials at 5:30 PM; Friday Night Karaoke at 9:00 PM; live music with Mihali at 9:00 PM (ticketed event)
- recto y verso EDITIONS | 41 State Street | Inaugural exhibition featuring artwork by Tom Koken | Gallery open 11 AM - 4 PM and 5 PM - 8 PM; call 518-308-9057 for access to the Gallery after 5 PM.
- Speakeasy 518 | Live music with George Muscatello Trio at 9:00 PM
- Stacks Espresso Bar | Pop-up art exhibit featuring Rachel Baxter (open until 7:00 PM)
- Times Union Center | Albany Auto Show, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM ($10 ticket, kids under 12 free)
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.