1st Friday - October
1st Friday - October
Throughout Downtown & Lark Street
In conjunction with October's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
- 677 Prime | Buy one get one drinks at the bar up to $15
- Albany Modern Body Art | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- Bombshell Hair & Beauty Studio | Gift card bag giveaways
- Broadway Plaza Liquor | Mix of wine tastings
- Capital Repertory Theatre | Gallery@theREP: Upstate America by documentary photographer Richard Cavagnolo features two separate bodies of work exploring the social and economic landscape of our region through the genres of portraiture and landscape. Richards work will be up during the run of our stage production Lobby Hero. Opening Reception 5:00 - 7:00 PM.
- The City Beer Hall | Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders; Live music with Nina's Brew from 7:00-10:00 PM; DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
- Downtown is Pawsome exhibit | Seek out ten brand new sculpture inspired by Albany icon Nipper, customized by regional artists and installed throughout Downtown. Map and more information at www.downtownalbany.org/downtownispawsome
- dp: An American Brasserie | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
- Excelsior Pub | Pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month (7:00 PM); Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store | 10% off any store purchase
- Fresh & Fly Clothing | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase (Open until 8:00 PM)
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen | Mention the Capital City Trolley for a complimentary signature cocktail, draft beer, or house wine with any entree purchase
- Jack's Oyster House | Mention the Capital City Trolley for buy one, get one free glasses of wine at the bar
- LaSerre | Mention 1st Friday for complimentary glass of wine or dessert with dinner purchase
- Loch & Quay | $1 off all drafts
- McGeary's Irish Pub | Mention 1st Friday for 10% off total bill
- OKIPOKI | Buy one get one 50% off Taiyaki ice cream for all Capital City Trolley riders
- Open Gallery | A new public art exhibit from the Downtown Albany BID and Albany Center Gallery reimagines doors throughout Downtown as an outdoor gallery, featuring the work of 13 local artists. Map and more information at: downtownalbany.org/opengallery
- Palace Theatre | Incubus performance with special guest Wild Belle at 8:00 PM (ticketed event)
- Parish Public House | National Taco Day, featuring live music with Taco Night and delicious taco specials. Music at 8:00 PM, $10 cover.
- Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia with beer specials at 5:30 PM; Friday Night Karaoke at 9:00 PM
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.