1st Friday: Trolley Good Time
1st Friday: Trolley Good Time
In conjunction with February's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the new, FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying 20+ restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from five venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
Follow the event on Facebook | Click here to view complete list of specials & events
In addition to the many specials being offered, events taking place in downtown Albany on February 1 include:
- Capital Repertory Theatre | Art opening with artist Cathy Frank
- The City Beer Hall | Live music with Ryan Rosmarin
- Fort Orange General Store | Screenprinting workshop with Breakout Press Co. ($20)
- Loch & Quay | Pop-up art exhibit with artist Gregory Maxwell Dunn, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- The Olde English Pub | Umphrey's McGee concert after-party with live music by MuBo
- Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia
- Stacks Espresso Bar | Art exhibit with artist Bob Anderson
Events taking place on Lark Street include:
- 3Fish Coffee & Downtube Bicycle Works | Opening Reception with Tina Lincer, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- Alacrity Frame Workshop | Figures of Luster: Places and Portraits by Nettye Lamkay
- Albany Institute Of History & Art | Shape and Shadow: The Sculpture of Larry Kagan; Bejeweled and Bedazzled: Jewelry and Personal Adornment; Heavy Metal: Cast Iron Stoves of the Capital Region
- Center Square Barber Shop | Open House featuring original photography, paintings, and ambient music of David Gerard
- First Presbyterian Church | Art Gallery: Paintings by Elden Rowland; Concert: 6:00pm African American Composers - performed by The Vocal Angels Gospel Choir
- Great Find Thrift Boutique | Artful Windows “LOVE Wins,” Seasonal Bag Sale, Refreshments
- Iron Gate Café | Wine Tasting with wine with sample appetizers
- La Luce Boutique | Exhibit featuring artists Joseph Montepagani and David Dip Soul Lion
- L.A.X Restaurant & Lounge | 90’s Night, Live Music 9 PM -1 AM
- Lionheart Pub | Live music from Yankee Holler
- Savoy Taproom | Music by Flying Rob & Friends
- The National Upholstering Design Studio/Gallery | Featured artists: Danica Barnes, Gerald Cooley, Bill Pettit, Wren Panzella
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday: Trolley Good Time is brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.