Winter Wonderland is the Downtown Albany BID's 2020 Placemaking program, designed to help support artists and businesses while providing accessible public art to help uplift and connect the community. Regional artists have created seasonal storefront displays in a wide variety of styles and mediums, collaborating with Downtown businesses on 19 colorful pieces that will be exhibited from November 28 until February 2021. While you walk in Downtown's Winter Wonderland, enter to win a $50 gift certificate to your choice of Downtown business. Just take of selfie with your favorite Winter Wonderland artwork and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll choose one winner at random each week of December!
The Winter Wonderland program includes work by:
- Matthew Bartik | Renaissance Albany (144 State Street) & Dawn's Victory Sports Cafe (10 Sheridan Avenue)
- Angela Cuozzo | The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (74 State Street)
- Tim Fealey | Fort Orange General Store (412 Broadway) and Broadway Plaza Liquor (418 Broadway)
- Cara Hanley | Stacks Espresso Bar (488 Broadway) and The Yard Hatchet House & Bar (16 Sheridan Avenue)
- Ali Herrmann | The Kenmore Ballroom (76 N. Pearl Street, Columbia Street windows) and The Steuben Place Apartments (40 Steuben Street, N. Pearl Street storefront)
- Lori Kochanski | location to be announced
- Emily Lamb | Cider Belly Doughnuts (25 N. Pearl Street)
- Aaron Northrup | Bombshell Hair & Beauty Studio (488 Broadway)
- Hazal Ozturk | The Palace Theatre (19 Clinton Avenue)
- Ranna Payamfar | Discover Albany Visitors Center (25 Quackenbush Square)
- Tim Reidy | Far Shot Albany (69 N. Pearl Street)
- Scott Somerville | The Hollow Bar + Kitchen (79 N. Pearl Street) and Miranda's Deli (52 Columbia Street)
- Elaine Wilson | dp An American Brasserie / Yono's (25 Chapel Street) and Pearl Street Convenience (51 S. Pearl Street)
Find a map of locations below. For more on Downtown's dynamic public artwork, visit our Public Art page.