Downtown's Shop & Savor smAlbany
Downtown's Shop & Savor smAlbany
O'Connell & Aronowitz presents Shop & Savor smAlbany, two weeks of promotions celebrating and showcasing downtown Albany's independent businesses this holiday season.
This year, it's more important than ever to shop small. As an extension of the annual Small Business Saturday event, Downtown’s Shop & Savor smAlbany will run for two consecutive weeks, from Saturday, November 28 through Saturday, December 12.
Shop smAlbany Week, from November 28 to December 5, will highlight Downtown retailers, entertainment establishments, fitness and personal service businesses; Savor smAlbany Week, from December 5 to 12, will showcase Downtown dining. To encourage the community to support Downtown’s locally owned and operated businesses during the holiday season, receipts from any purchase made at a Downtown business during these two weeks can be submitted for a chance to win a Shop Small tote bag filled with $500 in merchandise and gift cards from Downtown businesses.
Customers who submit information on purchases – which includes dining in or ordering out from Downtown restaurants, buying items from Downtown retailers online or in-store, personal care appointments including haircuts, and gift card purchases – will also be entered to win one of six $50 gift cards to a Downtown business of their choice. Participants can receive a bonus entry by making purchases on Small Business Saturday or by using #DowntownAlbany when sharing pictures of their purchases on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Proof of purchase must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:30 AM on Monday, December 14 to be eligible. Each receipt will count toward one entry in the contest; there is no limit to the number of entries a participant can make. No purchase necessary; click here to enter without submitting receipts. Purchases must be made at businesses or organizations located within the Downtown Albany BID's geographic boundaries to be eligible.
While exploring dining and shopping options, visitors can also experience the Downtown Albany BID’s 2020 Placemaking exhibit, “Winter Wonderland.” Throughout Downtown, storefronts at 18 businesses have been transformed into public art space by local artists who utilized everything from temporary murals to origami displays. The exhibit will be on display through February 2021.
Shop smAlbany deals, promotions and events (available November 28 - December 5) include:
- 48 Hudson: Free "Festive 48" events on Friday, December 4 from 5:30 - 7:00 PM and Saturday, December 5 from 12:00 - 2:00 PM, featuring new holiday decorations and special open house tours available showcasing the newly completed renovations at Albany's oldest building. Gift items for sale including notecards, books and Nipper masks.
- Bombshell Hair and Beauty Studio: For the month of November: gift cards purchases of $100 receive an additional $20 online and in store; gift boxes for sale that each include a free product.
- Discover Albany Visitors Center: special gift shop hours: open 12 - 2 PM on November 30, December 1 and December 2; 10% off selected items in the gift shop
- Fort Orange General Store: Daily local vendor pop-up events
- Kenmore Ballroom: Tuesday, December 1 and Thursday, December 3 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM: Open House event with free tours of the newly open historic ballroom with hot cocoa and cookies to-go
- The Palace Theatre: Palace Sessions videos available for streaming on YouTube; donate to support the theater here
- Salon 109: $5, $10, $15 discount specials and salon hair products up to 50% off retail price
- The Yard: 10% off axe-throwing for one hour; gift certificate promotion: for every gift card purchased of $100, $25 will be added to the value for no charge
Savor smAlbany deals, promotions and events (available December 5 - December 12) include:
- Cider Belly Doughnuts: specials available
- Cafe Capriccio: Gift card specials
- McGeary's Irish Pub: 20% off discount
- The Yard: 10% off Boozy Moo! ice cream pints
Remember: There's FREE parking in Downtown on the weekend both on-street and in ParkAlbany garages! Learn more here.