A monthly arts and culture event, 1st Friday takes place the first Friday of each month from 5:00 - 9:00 PM, bringing you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment throughout Downtown and Lark Street. Bonus: it's all easily accessible by riding the FREE Capital City Trolley!
1st Friday for January 2020 will take place on January 3.
Downtown Albany December 1st Friday participating businesses include:
- 677 Prime | Buy one get one drinks at the bar up to $15
- Acacia's Basement | Buy one article of clothing and get a second article of equal or lesser value for 50% off (open 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
- Albany Modern Body Art | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- Angie’s Pineapples & Tings | All menu items just $10 (open 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM)
- Broadway Plaza Liquor | Mix of wine tastings
- The City Beer Hall | Drink specials for Capital City Trolley Riders; Live music with Ryan Rosmarin & Joe Tario from 7:00-10:00 PM; DJ Citrus Minute at 11:00 PM
- dp: An American Brasserie | 15% off total bill (may not be used in conjunction any other promotions or discounts)
- The Excelsior Pub | Pinball Wizard Challenge pinball tournament; winner receives happy hour pricing for the month (7:00 PM); Drink specials for Capital City Trolley riders and pinball players
- Fort Orange General Store | 10% off any store purchase
- Fresh & Fly Clothing | Mention 1st Friday for 15% off any purchase (open 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen | Complimentary signature cocktail, draft beer, or house wine with any entrée purchase
- Jack's Oyster House | Mention the Capital City Trolley and receive our offer of Buy One, Get One Free Glass of House Wine
- LaSerre | Receive a $25 gift card valid with two or more dinner entrees (or $10 for lunch)
- Liberty Tax Service | 30% off all tax returns prepared at 153 S. Pearl Street office (January 2 through April 15; also valid at 458 Delaware Avenue location)
- Loch & Quay | $1 off all drafts
- McGeary's Irish Pub | Mention 1st Friday for 10% off total bill
- Open Gallery | A public art exhibit from the Downtown Albany BID and Albany Center Gallery reimagines doors throughout Downtown as an outdoor gallery, featuring the work of 13 local artists. More info.
- Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia with beer specials at 5:30 PM; Friday Night Dance with '90s dance music videos from Orange Door
- Root3d | Class schedule: Poetry with D. Colin from 5:30 - 7:30 PM (fees apply); Family Members of Incarcerated Recovering Emotionally from 7:15 - 8:15 PM (donation-based)
- Stacks Espresso Bar | Pop-up exhibit featuring artist Rachel Baxter (open 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
- Times Union Center | Siena Men's Basketball vs. Monmouth at 7:00 PM (ticketed event)
- Vintage Treasures by Deborah | 20% off all merchandise; exhibit featuring artist Debbie Robinson
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.