1st Friday: March
1st Friday: March
In conjunction with March's 1st Friday event, the Downtown Albany BID & Lark Street BIDs have partnered to bring you the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment - all easily accessible by riding the new, FREE Capital City Trolley!
Shop special deals from 40+ participating businesses, dine local while enjoying restaurant specials, peruse artwork and exhibits in a dozen locations, choose from multiple venues to hear live music, and ride the Capital City Trolley for free as it brings you safely to all of the 1st Friday events.
Enter to win a $25 gift certificate to Lark & Downtown businesses through the Trolley Good Time selfie contest. Upload a selfie riding the Trolley to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter on 1st Friday with the hashtag #TrolleyGoodTime to enter.
In addition to the many specials being offered, events taking place in downtown Albany on March 1 include:
- Albany Modern Body Art | Tattoo artists showing their portfolios & original artwork
- The City Beer Hall | Live music with Ryan Rosmarin
- Excelsior Pub | Pinball tournament
- Klein Art Gallery | New local gallery & cafe now open! Gallery show: "Black & White with a Splash of Color" by Dana Klein
- Loch & Quay | Pop-up art exhibit with artist Gregory Maxwell Dunn, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- The Palace Theatre | Joe Russo's Almost Dead concert (ticketed event)
- Parish Public House | Joe Russo's Almost Dead after-party with live music by Gratefully Yours (ticketed event)
- Pearl Street Pub | Happy hour trivia; Joe Russo's Almost Dead after-party with live music by Star Kitchen (ticketed event)
- Stacks Espresso Bar | Art exhibit with artist Bob Anderson, curated by Albany Center Gallery
- Times Union Center | Elton John concert (ticketed event)
In addition to the many specials being offered, free events taking place in the #LarkStreet neighborhood on March 1 include:
- Albany Institute of History & Art | Free admission
- Byron & Gill Mercantile | One year anniversary party; enjoy light refreshments and a free gift with any purchase over $25
- Capital Wine & Spirits | Wine tasting
- Center Square Barber Shop | Open House featuring "A Conscious Experience: Mind Through the Microscope" photography exhibit
- First Presbyterian Church of Albany | Art Gallery: Paintings by William Pettit; Concert at 6:00pm with soprano Carla Fisk
- Iron Gate Cafe | Wine Tasting and classic Italian food served until 8 PM
- Lark Street Yoga | Love Light Flow: Joe Russo's Almost Dead pre-show Yoga Music Event with Terra and Louise from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM; acro yoga/community class with Brian Hull
- LAX Restaurant & Lounge | 90’s Night, Live Music 9 PM -1 AM
- The Lionheart Pub | Live music from Yankee Holler
- Savoy Taproom | Music by Flying Rob & Friends
- The National Upholstering Design Studio/Gallery | Featured artists: Danica Barnes, Gerald Cooley, Bill Pettit, Wren Panzella
All events are offered free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Download the free Cityfinder app by Transfinder to find trolley stops and real-time arrivals!
Want to park your car before you hop on the trolley? There's FREE on-street and public garage parking in Downtown after 5 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends & holidays! Park for free in the Riverfront or Quackenbush Garages and hop on the trolley at nearby stops for easy access to all the 1st Friday venues. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.
1st Friday and the Capital City Trolley are brought to you by Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA), ParkAlbany, the Lark Street BID, and the Downtown Albany BID.