Fashion Designers Wanted: Deadline for entry is March 8 | Downtown Albany

Fashion Designers Wanted: Deadline for entry is March 8

Fashion Designers Wanted: Deadline for entry is March 8

Fashion Under the Stars: DNA, Albany’s only outdoor fashion show, is seeking local fashion designers to showcase their work on May 18, 2019.

Previously referred to as “Albany Fashion Week” and “Fashion on Pearl,” Fashion Under the Stars: DNA is Albany’s only outdoor fashion show. The event aims to promote body positivity and inclusivity by featuring models of all ages, genders, ethnicities, sizes, and backgrounds while showcasing the work created by local designers. The addition of “DNA” to the event’s name lends itself to the idea of embracing individuality and connectedness simultaneously; while DNA is what makes us unique, well over 90% - probably more like 99.5% - is exactly the same and is what makes us human. That remaining 0.5% makes up our unique DNA “fingerprint.”

A portion of the proceeds from Fashion Under the Stars: DNA will benefit the Albany Damien Center. The mission of this local non-profit organization is to enhance the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS in an affirming environment and to reduce new infections in the community they serve. Learn more at

Fashion Under the Stars is presented by Daniel Mozzes Design in conjunction with the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District and Pearl Street Pub.

Interested designers may download the designer application PDF here to view more information.

Deadline for entry: Friday, March 8, 2019

Fashion Under the Stars:

  • WHEN: Saturday, May 18 at 7:30 PM
  • WHERE: Steuben Alley, Downtown Albany, NY (intersection of Steuben Street and N. Pearl Street)

Contact: For any questions, please contact Daniel Mozzes via email at or call 518.729.6024